Every couple has ups and downs in a marriage and the successful couples are those who manage them. Here are some common problems faced in marriages that lead to marital stress and marriage problems.
- Financial Problems
The stress related to money is the most common and it leads to many conflicts in marriages. When one partner is extremely stressed about money, they become less patient and more stressed in general and then pick fights with the other partner.
- Be honest about your current financial situation so that your partner adjusts to a certain lifestyle.
- Understand that one partner may be a saver and one a spender and both are beneficial to each other.
- Don’t blame.
- Construct a joint budget that includes savings.
- Daily Stress
Every day there is so much to do and some times the daily chores can be a problem in marriage. When one partner has had a stressful day he/she might become impatient. Couples who are busy are often stressed and then busy couples may feel less connected because they have less time to spend together and more separateness in their lives.
- Be organized and clear about your respective jobs in the house.
- Be open to other solutions
- Poor Communication
Poor communication is very damaging and leads to many fights and sometimes divorce in the later stage. Healthy communication is the key to healthy relationship.
- Take out proper time for your partner put the cell phones on vibrate, put the kids to bed, and let voicemail pick up your calls.
- Set up some rules. Try not to interrupt until your partner is through speaking, or ban phrases such as “You always …” or “You never ….”
Trust is a key part of a relationship. Sometimes there are unresolved issues that lead to trust issues in marriage. It’s better to resolve and the move on from them.
- Don’t lie. Not even little white lies to your partner or to others.
- Be fair, even in an argument.
- Be sensitive to the other’s feelings. You can still disagree, but don’t discount how your partner is feeling.
- Inform them if you are out or getting late.
- Don’t be jealous.
Sometimes couples experience marriage problems that could be solved if the two could notice the bad problems and change them. For example drinking, gambling for talking to other girls.
- Listen to each other
- Respect the likes and the dislikes
- Change yourself
- If your partner is trying to change himself/herself then give them a little time.