This is a very quick and easy drink made with chia seeds and lemons. It is a natural drink that will make you get rid of stubborn belly fat and will also keep you hydrated.
- Chia seeds
- Lemon juice
- Honey (a little bit of sweetness)
- A pinch of salt
In a large glass combine water, chia seeds, lime juice, honey and salt. Stir it well and then set it aside for 10-15 minutes. Then stir again, add ice (if you want it chilled) and drink it.
1. Digestion: Chia seeds are rich in fibre. Consuming chia seeds water in morning can give a boost to your digestion and improve bowel movement. A healthy digestion is an essential prerequisite to weight loss.
2. Weight Loss: Chia seeds contain high amounts of soluble fibre. This is what enables chia seeds to absorb 10-12 times weight in water, giving them gel-like consistency. Drinking chia seed water can increase feeling of fullness, slow down absorption of food, thus making you eat fewer calories and aiding weight loss.
3. Protein intake: Chia seeds are made up of 14% protein. They also have an impressive amino acid profile. Protein is a macronutrient essential for both weight loss and build-up of muscles. Eating protein-rich foods can induce feeling of fullness and reduce calorie intake.
4. Heart health: Chia seeds contain impressive amount of omega-3 fatty acids– alpha-linolenic acid or ALA. Drinking chia seeds water or including chia seeds in your daily diet can reduce risk of developing heart disease.
5. Bone health: Calcium, magnesium and phosphorus in chia seeds make them great for bone health as well. Chia seeds contain 18% of daily recommended intake of calcium. They can be considered to be a great source of calcium for people who don’t consume protein.
6. Blood sugar control: Chia seeds can improve insulin sensitivity and blood sugar control. Studies have shown that chia seeds can help in stabilising blood sugar levels after meals. People with diabetes can thus benefit from including chia seeds in their diet.
7. Inflammation: Regular intake of chia seeds can thus be beneficial for reducing inflammation in the body.
Leave a Comment